Make it Social Payment Policy
Effective date: 28th February 2018
- To use our social booking system, you will require to be over 13 and to have a debit card, credit card or other means of making payment which is acceptable to our payment partner, Leetchi Corp S.A. a limited liability company incorporated in Luxembourg under number B173459 and having its registered offices at 14 Rue Aldringen, L1118 Luxembourg trading as “Mangopay”, or such party as may replace Mangopay from time to time whom we will refer to as our “Payment Partner” or to the Third Party Partner where payment is being made to that party directly.
- Where our social booking system involves our Payment Partner to process payment, you will be required to have provided our Payment Partner with such information as is necessary to complete its know your customer identification checks, this includes your: name, email address, date of birth, nationality, and country of residence.
As part of our social booking system, we have created 3 different payment solutions:
- “Direct Payment” where the payment required in connection with the booking is made directly to the Third Party Partner. You will know if your booking is made by Direct Payment because you will be redirected away from the Make it Social system;
- “Social Pay” where payment is made to the Third Party Partner but processed through our Payment Partner. This method will charge your account immediately. You will know if your booking is made by Social Pay because you will not be redirected away from the Make it Social system and the phrase ‘Pre-Pay’ will not be used;
- “Social Pay Pre-Pay” where payment is made to the Third Party Partner and processed through our Payment Partner, but is pre-authorised. This means that the monies will not leave your bank (depending on your bank, this may display differently. For example, some banks will simply reduce your balance while the pre-authorisation is in place, while others may show the money leaving your account and return it if the payment is not confirmed) until the person appointed as the leader of the group confirms the booking. Funds may be held for up to six and a half days at which point if a booking has not been confirmed, your bank will be instructed to release the funds (the time it takes to release funds will then be dependant on your bank). You will know if your booking is made by Social Pay Pre-Pay because you will not be redirected away from the Make it Social system and the phrase ‘Pre-Pay’ will be used;
- We work with our Payment Partner in order to allow for the use of electronic money. Our Payment Partner will provide a secure online payment gateway and will ensure that applicable laws and regulations are complied with in respect of the use of electronic money.
- Where, during the Social Pay Pre-Pay process, you authorise an individual to act as the group leader in connection with a booking, such authorisation will allow the group leader to confirm the booking and to authorise the transfer of funds which you have authorised to be paid to the User Social Pay Account and then to the Third Party Partner.
- Your contract commences once your booking has been confirmed and ends immediately after the completion of the provision of the goods and/or services in respect of which you have placed the booking. All purchases are subject to the processes of our Payment Partner and your transaction may be cancelled if our Payment Partner is unable to process the payment.
- In the event that we, our Third Party Partners or our Payment Partner considers that our social booking system has been used in any fraudulent, illegal or unauthorised way, your booking may be cancelled without any notice to you in order to protect our legitimate business interests.
Pricing, Delivery Cancellations and Termination
- By using our social booking system, you accept that it enables you to place a booking for the goods and/or services of our Third Party Partners. We shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever in relation to the websites of any Third Party Partners. Any booking placed with a Third Party Partner via the Third Party Partner’s website shall form a contract between you and the Third Party Partner and we shall not be a party to that. The Third Party Partner shall be responsible for providing the goods and/or services which are the subject of your booking.
- The price for the goods and/or services will be as set out on the website of the Third Party Partner who may cancel any booking in the event that there has been an error in the pricing details as set out on their website.
- As your contract is with the Third Party Partner, to the extent that the booking involves the delivery of any goods and/or services, such delivery shall be the responsibility of the Third Party Partner in accordance with its terms and conditions.
- Cancellation of any booking shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the Third Party Partner.
- Refunds shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the Third Party Partner who shall be responsible for processing the refund notwithstanding that the request for a refund may be made using our social booking system.