Senior GoLang Software Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Dates: Full time Monday to Friday (7 hours between 8am and 6pm with core hours 10am to 4pm). Some degree of flexibility around working hours may be required during busier times.
- Salary: £45 - £55k
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Application Process: To apply please e-mail a current CV with at least 1 reference and a covering letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that due to PCI-DSS requirements, background checks (including criminal record check) will be required prior to final employment and any applicant will be informed if such a check is to take place.
About Make it Social
Make it Social are recruiting for a talented Senior Developer to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business.
Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that integrates with their existing systems via APIs.
Once integrated the social group is open to a host of opportunities, geared to marketing towards a new demographic. For our users, we are developing a social network that enables more offline social interaction with friends and family.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be a core member of the server side engineering team, which is responsible for the software lifecycle of all consumable APIs Make it Social uses in-house, and provides externally. Your experience in this domain, and team-playing ability, will contribute to an increase in the efficiency, quality and output of the server side engineering team.
You will have
- An expert level understanding of programming paradigms and design patterns
- 3 years + experience writing highly concurrent systems in idiomatic GoLang
- 5 years+ experience in developing highly available, long-lived software systems, interacted with by at least 100 concurrent users, with obligated response times
Essential Technical Skills
- 3+ years GoLang experience
- Proficient in at least 1 language in each of these domains - functional, imperative, scripting, declarative, procedural / CLI.
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing APIs
- Experience implementing SOAP and REST APIs
- 5+ years experience working within/leading a team
- Resource utilization modelling skills
- Strong ability to debug by thinking
- Exceptional dedication to testing
Desirable Technical / Soft Skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Comfortable working witin multiple platforms
- MySql / MongoDb experience
- Experience developing systems makesing use of internationalisation, including RTL character sets
- Algorithm analysis skills
Character & Personality
- Ablity to work within a stressful environment
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to see others develop
- Calm and well intentioned motivations
- Understanding of others
- Mature and positive attitude
- Internal: Developers and Designers
- External: Clients and External Developers